Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Florida Fruiting Flora

I have several thriving plants on my front porch: a topsy turvey tomato, hanging upside down from it's stem and always begging for the roots to be watered (more than a normal tomato would!), three tomato plants in 5-gallon buckets, a fast-growing fig tree, a healthy and thick datil pepper plant, and one sorry excuse for a Japanese plum.  How is it that all the other plants are so excellent and the one I want most to survive is floundering?  Hmmmm...  I so love the way a JP looks when it's grown to be a big tree, heavily laden with golden fruit.   Maybe it hates it's pot!  Today I will transplant to a better container, prettier than the mustard yellow 5-gallon bucket with holes drilled in the bottom.  I'll get a pot that offers the beauty that this poor plants leaves need to survivie!  Everyone else just gets water!

1 comment:

Tiffany S said...

Much appreciate you sharing this