Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Unjustified Beach Fears

Oh what a nice week at Cocoa Beach with my family!  David and Audrey, Robert and Vanessa, my cousin Julie, and of course, Mark.  We go this amazing new blender, 600 watts of ice-crushing power, and we made some yummy foofy drinks.  The sun was bright and shiney, the skies were clear and blue, the fish were biting and Julie and I caught sheephead in the intercoastal.  The evenings were fun-filled with Apples to Apples games, guitars, and poolside entertainment.

I have one fear, one stupid stupid unjustified fear.  I am not afraid of sharks, heights, muggers, snakes or being left alone on a deserted island.  I do not fear death.  I am, however, completely terrified of stepping on a crab in the shallow water at the beach. A really big dog with teeth bared and hair up doesn't frighten me as much as the prospect of a crab under my feet.  What is wrong with me?!

I enjoyed the swimming pool and took nice long walks on the beach.

Sharing my fear with my dog, in miniature.  Fiddler crab was actually bait, which I don't mind handling at all. Juliet, however, was completely traumatized when the crab latched on to her whiskers!  She may need psychological care now.

No comments: