Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I love everything Swiffer

Has anyone ever tried to refill a Swiffer WetJet bottle? I tried using my undercounter jar opener, but it just scraped the lid up, but I'd rather save a few bucks and mix my own floor cleaner. I looked in www.momsbudget.com, and learned this:
They don't want everyone to stop buying their cleaning solution! You can run the top of the bottle under hot water then pop the lid off.
I'll give you an update on how this works later. In that site is also gives instructions for knitting and for crocheting cotton pads to use instead of buying the disposables.

To save FOUR lousy bucks, I bought a different brand - the Clorox ReadyMop, instead of the Wetjet for my NC home. What a huge mistake! Don't do it man! I put it away with the bottle of fluid attached, and the mop-head part on the floor, and all the cleaning fluid ran out! I'll keep my eye open for coupons and Swiffer sales to replace that crummy mop.
After filling the bottle of wetjet solution with Mr. Clean, I plan to mercy dump my laundry room - totally empty out my laundry room and only keep what I really need. Oh goodie.

No comments: