Thursday, January 15, 2009

Organic Produce Arrived

The nicest lady named Areesta arrived from Orlando Organics around 11AM with the big box of produce I ordered. All is all organically grown, and most from Florida. I put it all on the counter and took a picture. The items are random, I do not get to choose, except I asked for the persimmons to send to my mom. It all looks so yummy, but is this worth $50 ? Considering how difficult it is to find all organically grown (no bad pesticides) produce, and those in the grocery store are expensive, I am guessing the price is right. I'll continue to get the weekly delivery and then decide.

Back first, left to right: 32 oz. fresh squeezed orange juice, romaine lettuce, 10 carrots, collard greens, bok choy, spinach, eggs, 2 cucumbers, 3 ruby red grapefruit, 4 granny smith apples, 7 bananas, grape tomatoes, clover sprouts, 4 cara cara oranges, 4 anjou pears, a Tommy Atkins mango, 5 russett potatoes, a Hass avacado, 3 yellow onions, white button mushrooms, and 2 persimmons. Replacing the blueberries (they ran out) was the bok choy, which I've never cooked before, but found a good sounding recipe online.

No comments: