Tuesday, April 20, 2010

It's a Great Day to be Born

Yep, today's my birthday. 53 years have flown by, because we all know time flies when you're having fun! Speaking of flying, in honor of my birthday, NASA brought the space shuttle back today, complete with a sonic boom that rattled my eardrums!  I was outside, hoping to see the contrails, but the skies were clouded closer to the horizon looking east.

I couldn't think of anything I wanted or needed, and I have a promise of "anything" once I see it in a store, but resourceful Mark did find a great present, which I'm totally satisfied with: the latest copy of Mother Earth News, Guide to Growing Your Own Food (food and garden magazine) and a five-pack of the nicest Wells-Lamont gardening gloves I've ever seen, a different pair of gloves for different tasks.  They fit so nice too!

Today will be filled with lots of opportunity to wear my new gloves.  I have big yard plans!

No comments: