Sunday, July 12, 2009

Party

Mark and I went to a friend's birthday party last night. It was a covered dish affair, and since I didn't feel like cooking, I was assigned the task of making jello shooters. I made four batches (12 shots each):
fuzzy navels - orange jello with peach schnapps and vodka
margueritas - lime jello and tequila,
caribbean punch - tropical fruit jello and coconut rum
lemondrops - lemon jello and vodka.
My shooters are made with a small box of Jello (not diet), 1 cup boiling water, 1/2 cut crushed ice and water, and 1/2 cup alcohol. I fill 12 Pam-sprayed plastic 3-ounce bathroom cups for each box of jello. Lemondrops and margueritas are the hands-down favorite for everyone.

The party was nice. Bruce turned 60. When did our group of friends include someone so old?? Oh yea, we're only 8 years behind him!

No comments: