Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Beech Mountain NC with my cousin Julie

North Carolina in the Winter was wonderful!  Cousin Julie and I arrived and grabbed the snow shovels and started digging out the stairs before we could move in.  Although it was only about 20F, I felt totally comfortable in sweat pants and a long sleeved tee shirt. (I should have worn gloves.)  Isn't it funny that I freeze in Florida?  Having Julie with me was so nice.  We enjoyed girl time, stayed in our pajamas most of one day, watched movies, and cooked at home.  We fed cereal to little squirrels on my back deck, experienced a blizzard, sunny days, lots of snow days, and pleasant cousin time.  We arrived on Sunday, my car broke on Monday. I took it to the shop and they weren't able to replace the gear box (4WD) and emergency brake until Thursday, so we spent most of our week at home.  We picked Mark up from the airport on Friday and with Mark, we went out to eat a lot, ran errands, they went snow tubing, and we visited Blowing Rock.  More snow was expected on Tuesday, so we cleaned the house and departed on Monday afternoon.  As always, it kills us to leave.  One day we'll live there.

No comments: