Sunday, October 4, 2009

Feeling Strange

Friday, after a busy week at momma and daddy's house, and trying to tie up all the loose ends on my day there, ready to hand everything back over to Kat, I felt wierd and wired at bedtime.  My body buzzed, my stomach was shaky, like butterflies, my ankles felt weak, and my feet felt numb (from exhaustion), and I was hot again, that "core of my body" hotness where the heat shoots out my palms and feet that I got from the first chemo arthritis treatment two weeks ago.  I had these on and off the first week after chemo, but it appears to have returned.  Maybe exhaustion caused it.  Or maybe an illness?  I woke up yesterday morning feeling a little more normal, but after putting forth the smallest effort - a suitcase and a bag in the trunk, I was again feeling very much the same as when I fell asleep.  You could have knocked me over with a feather!  I couldn't drive 2-1/2 hours to go home.

Did I mention that my car broke on Thursday?  In the week before I left, Mark smelled anti-freeze and  couldn't find a leak (parked my car on a piece of cardboard), but had to put about a quart into the radiator before I left for my drive up to Jacksonville last Saturday.  He warned me to watch the thermostat, which I did, and everything was normal, no smells, nothing.  When I drove across town to take my father to pick up a car, and when daddy got out of my car, I smelled anti-freeze.  Uh-oh.  I watched the temperature rise on the gauges as I drove home.  Off went the air-conditioner, and I drove home with windows opened, thankful that the outside temperature was starting to get close to open-windows season, better known to my northern friends as "winter", but in Florida, it means tolerable outside temperatures.  Daddy poured two jugs of anti-freeze in and I watched it pour out of the pan underneath my car.  Daddy drove my car to his repairman Danny, and it turns out that the intake valve was broken, it will be fixed on Monday for about $200 to $300.

So back to feeling strange...I decided not to drive dad's loaner car home on Saturday while feeling so strange, and then spend Sunday at home, then on Monday after chemo, drive back up to Jacksonville to get my car back, spend the night, then drive again home on Tuesday.  Instead, I remained in Jacksonville, visiting my mom and dad and sister and brother-in-law.  I feel weak, not really sick, just strange.  I can't put my finger on what's wrong, but I hope it goes away soon.

No comments: