Saturday, November 13, 2010

Castoffs for Mo

Lyla Graces quilt began with completely different dolly blocks.  The original ones I made from scraps didn't suit me for an infant gift, and so I tossed them aside and started over.  Lyla's cousin Miranda is five years old and she will get another quilt.  The castoff dollies.  Mo's baby quilt was all hearts and I came across some pink hearts that I never used, so I incorporated those hearts into Miranda's newest quilt.  The green border material was leftover from a quilt I made for my mother, Mo's great grandmother.  She might find material that she recognizes from her cousins quilts in it too.  The backing is the same green material as in the first dolly block on the right. I hope to find some pink material in my stash to make the binding. 
What shall I name this quilt?

No comments: